VC Voices publishes work by undergraduate, faculty and staff writers and artists at Ventura College. We invite submissions of poetry, short stories, creative nonfiction chapters of novels, a variety of plays, essays, photography, and artwork. We do not accept previously published work.
Before contributing a submission to VC Voices, please register for an account with your my.vcccd.edu (or vcccd.edu) email by clicking the link above.
SUMBIT A POST: All submissions are composed first as a Post which will be reviewed by an editor before publication. Here are step-by-step directions:
- Log in to your VC Voices account.
- After login, click “Publish a Post” above .
- Click on Submit Post. Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
- Please select a category, add tags, upload an image and make any other selections from the sections below the post.
- When you are ready, click Create Post.
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE: After submitting your first post for review, please update your Profile to add your full name and to indicate “Display name publicly as.” It is especially important to complete the Biographical Info section because it will appear with your submission when it is posted.
VC Voices acquires first North American publication rights. All rights revert to the author after publication, though we request acknowledgement of first appearance in this journal.
Please keep in mind that we will not accept any submissions containing gratuitous violence, degrading sexual imagery, or exploitation of any group.
VC Voices is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.